Mentaline Limited (“MENTALINE”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand MENTALINE’s views and practices regarding your personal data and how it will be treated.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Mentaline Limited of 35 Catherine Place, London, SW1E 6DY.
Information we may collect from Users
MENTALINE may collect and process the following data about Users:
- Information that You provide by filling in forms on the website mentaline.com (Website). This includes information such as your name, gender, address, date of birth, details of parents or guardians, phone number, email, credit/debit card information, psychosocial history provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to MENTALINE’s service, posting material or requesting further services. MENTALINE may also ask You for information when You report a problem with the Website.
- If You contact MENTALINE, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- If You are a minor, You will only be able to register and submit information with the consent provided by Your parents or guardians to be verified on the Website.
- MENTALINE may also ask You to complete surveys that are used for research purposes, although You do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions You carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment any sessions facilitated through the Site.
- Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for MENTALINE’s own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that You access.
- Information that you provide during Consultations and technical details of the online feed may, with you permission, be stored on video, sound track or otherwise by MENTALINE or the Therapist in compliance with the Therapist’s duties to maintain a record of services provided.
Some of this personal data is supplied to any Therapist or third party with whom You request a consultation or other services. If you agree to participate in a group session, any information You provide during the session, which could include posts, video, and audio will be shared with the other group participants. Otherwise, personal data necessary to set up an account is available only to staff of MENTALINE, and is only accessed for administrative purposes (or at Your request). Debit card, credit card and other bank and payment details are stored by a third party payment provider compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. You may update your data at any time by using the Contact Us page on the Website.
IP addresses and cookies
MENTALINE may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system, web camera and plugin availability and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to MENTALINE’s advertisers. This is statistical data about MENTALINE’s Users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, MENTALINE may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable MENTALINE to:
- Estimate MENTALINE’s audience size and usage pattern.
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognise You when You return to the Website.
Where we store your personal data
All information You provide to MENTALINE is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be processed by third party payment providers in compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
Where MENTALINE has given You (or where you have chosen) a password which enables You to access certain parts of the Site, You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. MENTALINE asks You not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Athough MENTALINE will do it’s best to protect your personal data, MENTALINE cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once MENTALINE has received your information, MENTALINE will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
MENTALINE uses information held about You in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for You and for your computer.
- To provide You with information, products or services that You request from MENTALINE or which MENTALINE feel may interest You, where You have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between You and MENTALINE and/or Therapist.
- To allow You to participate in interactive features of MENTALINE’s service, when You choose to do so.
- To notify You about changes to MENTALINE’s service.
MENTALINE may also use your data, or permit third parties selected by you to use your data, to provide You with information about products and services which may be of interest to You and MENTALINE or they may contact You about these by e-mail or SMS.
If You are an existing User, MENTALINE will only contact You by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to You.
If You are a new User, and where MENTALINE permit third parties selected by You to use your data, MENTALINE (or they) will contact You by electronic means only if You have consented to this.
If You do not want MENTALINE to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which MENTALINE collects your data (the Registration Form).
MENTALINE do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our Users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). MENTALINE may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). MENTALINE may make use of the personal data we have collected from You to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
MENTALINE may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
MENTALINE may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that MENTALINE sell or buy any business or assets, in which case MENTALINE may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If MENTALINE or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
If you are engaging in online therapy with a Therapist, the Therapist should make you aware of other exceptions where the Therapist is under a duty to disclose data, such as, but not limited to, suspected cases of child abuse, dependent adult abuse, elder abuse, and in cases where the client is in danger to self or others.
You have the right to ask MENTALINE not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. MENTALINE will usually inform You (before collecting your data) if MENTALINE intend to use your data for such purposes or if MENTALINE intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms MENTALINE uses to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by the using the Contact Us page on the Website. The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If You follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that MENTALINE does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before You submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives You the right to access information held about You. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing You with details of the information we hold about You.